- Stress on need to continue striving for higher levels of service delivery and performance
- Workshop training on CSR policies conducted by KPMG Partner, Owen Hawkes
- Update on AWC Foundation by Myanmar Bureau
YANGON - 11 February 2016 - Asia World Company Limited ("AWC" or together with its subsidiaries, "the Group"), held its Annual Meeting for Year 2015 on 30th January 2016 at Horizon Lake View Resort in Nay Pyi Taw, the capital city of Myanmar.
Attended by about 150 staff from management teams of the Group’s companies, updates were provided on the performance of each company in 2015 as well as the strategic work plans for 2016.
The Annual Meeting was also an interaction opportunity for management staff that is usually spread across the country in their various lines of responsibilities and projects.
In line with AWC’s commitment to conduct business in an ethical and responsible manner of the highest possible standard, external professional parties were invited to AWC’s Annual Meeting. They include:
1. Mr Owen Hawkes, a partner with KPMG Advisory LLP (Singapore), who conducted a 2 hour workshop training for AWC staff with a Q&A session on Corporate Social Responsibility (“CSR”) policies at the Annual Meeting. The focus of the workshop training revolves around Ethics, Fraud and Corruption, Fraud and Corruption Risk Management and Human Rights Policy.
2. Mr Nigel Blackwood and his local colleagues from Myanmar Bureau which provided a briefing on AWC Foundation, its objectives and the work done to date in support of healthcare, education and disaster relief initiatives.
In his opening and closing address to the management staff, U Htun Myint Naing, Chairman and Managing Director of AWC, highlighted the need for AWC to continually strive for international standards of service delivery, performance and compliance. This would ensure growth in staff development among AWC’s companies which will contribute to the progress of the country.
Management staff was also reminded to continually update their skills and professionalism in view of future challenges. He emphasized the importance of upholding the CSR policies in every aspect of business and behaviour across the Group.
Opening Address by U Htun Myint Naing
Update on Airport business
Update on Port business
Update on Thaukyegat (2) Hydro Power Plant
CSR workshop training by Owen Hawkes, KPMG